- Court Business
- Clerks Office
- Hours & Contact Information
- Mission and Vision
- District Information
- Education Program
- Electronic Reporting System
- Family Support Program
- Federal Public Defender's Office
- Money Smart Program
- Probation Job Opportunities
- Project Home
- Restoration of Rights
- Speakers Bureau
- Treatment Services
- Veterans' Program
- Jobs Tool Kit
- Workforce Development Program
- Pretrial Services
- Pro Se
- About the Court
- Site Map
NEW Educational Website
The Judicial Learning Center is pleased to announce the new website at www.JudicialLearningCenter.org
The site features content-rich areas for students, teachers, and the public. The Student Center helps learners of all ages explore the judicial branch of government, and test their new knowledge with interactive Student Challenges. The Educator Center provides a variety of resources for teachers of civics, government, and history. There are simple, printer-ready resources and in-depth lesson plans available to correspond with each topic section.
- Free Summer Teacher Institute: Teaching About the Judicial Branch
- Thursday, July 24, 2014
- To register or for more information, see the attached flyer or visit
Field Trip Opportunities
- To learn more about visiting the courthouses, click here.
- To learn more about participating in our special events and programs, click here.
Also, for visits to the Eagleton Courthouse, grant funding is available through a local non-profit, to cover the cost of transportation. An application can be found here. There is no cost for the courthouse tour program.
1. Knowledge of the principles expressed in documents shaping constitutional democracy in the U.S.
A. Principles of constitutional democracy in the U.S.
B. Role of citizens and governments in carrying out constitutional principles
C. Understanding the main purpose of the U.S. documents
2. Knowledge of principles and processes of governance systems
A. Principles and purposes of government
C. Processes of governmental systems
- The Judicial Learning Center - Online Learning and Educational Resources
- United States Courts – Classroom Ready Teacher Resources
- Annenberg Classroom – Resources for Excellent Civics Education
- Bill of Rights Institute – Educating Young People About the Constitution
- iCivics – Interactive Educational Games about Civics and Democracy
- The Missouri Bar Citizenship Education Page
- Federal Judicial Center - Educational Resources