- Court Business
- Clerks Office
- Hours & Contact Information
- Mission and Vision
- District Information
- Education Program
- Electronic Reporting System
- Family Support Program
- Federal Public Defender's Office
- Money Smart Program
- Probation Job Opportunities
- Project Home
- Restoration of Rights
- Speakers Bureau
- Treatment Services
- Veterans' Program
- Jobs Tool Kit
- Workforce Development Program
- Pretrial Services
- Pro Se
- About the Court
- Site Map
Judicial Learning Center
NEW Educational Website
The Judicial Learning Center is pleased to announce the new website at www.JudicialLearningCenter.org
The site features content-rich areas for students, teachers, and the public. The Student Center helps learners of all ages explore the judicial branch of government, and test their new knowledge with interactive Student Challenges. The Educator Center provides a variety of resources for teachers of civics, government, and history. There are simple, printer-ready resources and in-depth lesson plans available to correspond with each topic section.
Thomas F. Eagleton U.S. Courthouse, St. Louis MO
Welcome to the Judicial Learning Center at the Thomas F. Eagleton US Courthouse. The Judicial Learning Center is a series of interactive educational exhibits, located on the first floor of the courthouse. Visitors can explore on their own, or use the available scavenger hunt activity to guide them.
- Investigate the separation of powers among the 3 branches of government, and discover the importance of maintaining a judicial branch that is separate but co-equal.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the unique, shared power relationship between the national government and that of the states.
- Participate as jury and judge – Make important decisions based on fact and on law as you learn how the courts work.
- History happened here. Learn about landmark decisions and historical figures that found their beginnings right here in the Eastern District of Missouri and the 8th Circuit.
Other exhibits found in the Thomas F. Eagleton U.S. Courthouse
The Harry A. Blackmun Rotunda on the 27th Floor – Justice Blackmun served on the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals until he was appointed to the United States Supreme Court. He is the only Supreme Court Justice to have played one in a major motion picture – in 1997, he portrayed Justice Story in the movie Amistad.
The Theodore McMillian Exhibit on the 27th Floor – Judge McMillian was one of the first African Americans admitted to Saint Louis University School of Law. He was also the first African American judge for the city of St. Louis, the Missouri Court of Appeals, and the 8th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.
Visiting the Judicial Learning Center on your own
111 South 10th Street
St. Louis MO 63102
You’re welcome to visit the Judicial Learning Center on your own, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, weekdays, excluding Federal Holidays. There is no cost to visit the Judicial Learning Center.
Pre/post visit activities are available. Contact our Public Education and Community Outreach Administrator.
Contact info – Rachel Marshall
Bringing a group to visit the Judicial Learning Center
To learn about scheduling a customized courthouse tour for your group, click here