Certificates of Good Standing are available on the Eastern District of Missouri’s CM/ECF website: ecf.moed.uscourts.gov. Counsel will need his/her District Court login and password.
There is a $18.00 fee for the certificate which can be paid by a valid credit or bank debit card.
The Eastern District of Missouri interprets “good standing” as an attorney fulfilling all requirements to become a member of The Eastern District bar (see Local Rule 12.01 or Federal Rule 83) and currently has no recorded disciplinary actions. Additionally, the attorney must be current with all District Court dues.
PROCEDURES FOR ATTORNEYS REQUESTING A CERTIFICATE OF GOOD STANDING
- Attorney MUST log onto the MOED CM/ECF website using his/her own password.
- Select “Civil” and from that a sub-menu will appear listing the event “Certificate of Good Standing.” Select that event.
- Follow the directions on the subsequent screens. Payment is made by credit card or bank debit card through the pay.gov. program.
- Once the “Certificate of Good Standing” event has been docketed by the attorney, an automatic email notification is sent to Clerk’s Office staff who will prepare the certificate.
- The certificate will be emailed to the requesting attorney, usually, within a few hours from the time the Clerk’s Office receives notification of the request.
- This process usually will take a few hours from the Clerk’s Office’s receipt of the notification.
If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk’s Office at 314-244-7900.