- Court Business
- Clerks Office
- Hours & Contact Information
- Mission and Vision
- District Information
- Education Program
- Electronic Reporting System
- Family Support Program
- Federal Public Defender's Office
- Money Smart Program
- Probation Job Opportunities
- Project Home
- Restoration of Rights
- Speakers Bureau
- Treatment Services
- Veterans' Program
- Jobs Tool Kit
- Workforce Development Program
- Pretrial Services
- Pro Se
- About the Court
- Site Map
Admission to the Eastern District of Missouri Bar
Applicants Sworn in Jefferson City
READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Complete the Application for Admission to Practice Law in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. The requirements for admission can be found in Rule 12.01 of the Local Rules effective August, 1, 2012. In order to avoid delays in the application review process, please refer to the following instructions.
- Applicants are required to provide the Court with a Certificate of Good Standing from each state and federal jurisdiction to which you are admitted to practice law. Only certificates issued not more than 60 days prior to filing your applications are acceptable.
- Complete the online registration at https://ecf.moed.uscourts.gov/AttorneyReg/ Instructions can be found here.
- Complete the Application for Admission. Applications must be fully completed.
- Oath / Order Form: Please complete the top section of the Oath / Order form. Filing attorney must sign and enter the date the oath was administered at the Jefferson City ceremony. The bottom portion of the form will be completed by a judge of the Eastern District of Missouri once the application for admission is approved.
- The completed, signed and affirmed application and the certificate(s) of good standing must be e-filed together as a packet. All originals must be maintained in the attorneys office for a period of 90 days.
- The completed packet must be scanned to PDF and submitted through CM/ECF using the attached instructions.
- Payment must be made at the time of application. (fees page)
Once the application has been reviewed, a determination letter will be e-mailed. This review process usually takes 30 days.
If you have any questions you can call the Admissions Clerk at 314-244-7914 or email Attorney_Admissions@moed.uscourts.gov.