Instructions for filing application for admission to practice law in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
- You must have a completed, signed, and notarized application. The application needs to be scanned to a PDF file. You also need to have the certificate of good standing (if applicable*) scanned to PDF file. *If you are a recent law school graduate and attended the most recent oath ceremony in Jefferson City, Missouri, no certificate of good standing is required.
1. Go to CM/ECF login link on the Courts Internet web page
(https://ecf.moed.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/login.pl.) and login with the login below.
o You must click the Redaction check box but do not redact any information on the application. (The application will be sealed.) The client code is left blank.
2. Click on Civil.
3. Click on Admission to Bar.
4. Click on Application for Admission to Bar, then click the Next button
5. Click on the Next button.
6. Click on the Next button.
7. Attach your application by clicking the Browse button and find your application PDF to import.
8. Attach the Certificate of Good Standing as an attachment (If applicable*). The category should be Certificate of Good Standing.
*If you are a recent law school graduate and attended the most recent oath ceremony in Jefferson City, Missouri, no certificate of good standing is required.
9. Click on the Next button.
10. Enter your full legal name, click on the Next button.
11. Click on the Next button for the prompt, “Is this a request by a government attorney?” The default is “No”.
12. The fee will be displayed, click on the Next button.
• This will take you to the pay.gov application so you can pay the application fee by bank draft or credit card.
13. Complete the appropriate screen for payment, either payment by bank draft or by credit card. Make sure you enter the account holder’s name replacing Attorney Admission.
14. Click Continue with.... button.
15. Enter your e-mail address to receive a confirmation email.
16. Check the payment authorization box and click on the Submit Payment button.
18. Click on the Next button.
19. Click on the Next button.
20. Click on the Next button.
21. Click on the Next button. This will take you to the Notice of Electronic Filing screen. Your application has now been submitted. Print this page if you would like a receipt for the filing.
22. Click on Logout
After receiving your application, the packet will be reviewed by the court and a determination letter will be emailed to you.