Summer Teacher Institutes
Teachers - Join us for three FREE informative workshops this summer:
- AP U.S. Government and Politics Teacher Institute - Tue July 10 in St. Louis
- Summer Teacher Institute - Tue & Wed July 17-18 in St. Louis
- Summer Teacher Institute - Mon July 30 in Cape Girardeau
- Click HERE for full details and to register. Space is limited!
Judicial Speakers Bureau
The judges of the U.S. District Court are available to speak off-site by request CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Online Resource for Students and Teachers
Please visit www.JudicialLearningCenter.org for learning resources and activities on the judicial branch.
The site features content-rich areas for students, teachers, and the public. The Student Center helps learners of all ages explore the judicial branch of government, and test their new knowledge with interactive Student Challenges. The Educator Center provides a variety of resources for teachers of civics, government, and history. There are simple, printer-ready resources and in-depth lesson plans available to correspond with each topic section.
Field Trip Opportunities
- To learn more about visiting the courthouses, click here.
- To learn more about participating in our special events and programs, click here.
Also, for visits to the Eagleton Courthouse, grant funding is available through a local non-profit, to cover the cost of transportation. An application can be found here. There is no cost for the courthouse tour program.
1. Knowledge of the principles expressed in documents shaping constitutional democracy in the U.S.
A. Principles of constitutional democracy in the U.S.
B. Role of citizens and governments in carrying out constitutional principles
C. Understanding the main purpose of the U.S. documents
2. Knowledge of principles and processes of governance systems
A. Principles and purposes of government
C. Processes of governmental systems
The Judicial Learning Center - Online Learning and Educational Resources
United States Courts – Classroom Ready Teacher Resources
Annenberg Classroom – Resources for Excellent Civics Education
Bill of Rights Institute – Educating Young People About the Constitution
iCivics – Interactive Educational Games about Civics and Democracy
The Missouri Bar Citizenship Education Page
Federal Judicial Center - Educational Resources
The Federal Judge Association - Civics Education Resources
- Discover Missouri Courts - Missouri Judiciary Civic Education Page